I FOUND IT
NO ONE BELIEVED ME WHEN I SAID I HEARD AN ICE CREAM TRUCK DROPIN BEATS DOWN THE STREET
NOW I HAVE A VID TO PROVE IT OMG I’M SO HAPPY I DIDN’T IMAGINE IT YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME
SEND THE LOVE AROUND
A few weeks ago I was feeling pretty down. I was having trouble with a person and I was feeling very underappreciated as an artist, and while I did have my problems, it pissed me a lot. But instead of feeling sorry for myself (for once) I started thinking about other great, awesome artists I followed who could be feeling even shittier and not believing in themselves.
I admire them; each one of them. Each had their own perks that made themselves and what they create special. And I realized that hell, I love being told what people like in my work. Not just “you’re so good”, but “I love the way you draw this and that”. At that moment, I really wished someone would come over and tell me that. How many other artists around weren’t feeling that way, at that moment?
So the messaging started. I never wrote a model message, they were all personal. And the answers were all personal too. People who responded sounded honestly happy someone took time to tell them what they admired in them, and told them never to give up no matter what. The ones who didn’t, well - I know they liked it, because it was from the bottom of my heart.
So after this time debating if I should write this little thing or not, I made it. I don’t know if there’s anythig similar around, but if it does, take this as a reinforcement. It’s not a campaign, nor a meme, nor will it grant you favours from your favorite artists. Please, don’t do anything if it’s for interest. Instead, look at the artist as another human being who struggles with daily life and yet make such beautiful things you admire so much. Call them by their name, tell them what you like in them. Or draw, paint, write or compose a lil’ something for them. Doesn’t matter. Show appreciation.
Send the love around to those who inspire you.
(sorry for any mistakes, English is not my mother tongue and it’s a bit rusty)
This deserves to be on my main dash, it’s a really good thing. Share some love, you might just make someone’s day and hey, that feels good!
FROGGIE VS FAT LEEZARD
LOOK AT HIM HOP AROUUUND
is this supposed to change my mind because it didn’t
I wanna hear how you people pronounce these words, because man you’re gonna look fucking stupid one way or another.
Jraphics Interchange Format
I rest my case.
G-I-F (Gee Eye Eff) starts with a J sound though.
One does not simply rest this case. No one is right, no one can be right. Just say it as you want to.
Little tribute to DBZ.
i cant breahte
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)